VALUES & EXPECTATIONS
This community is being initiated with certain universal principles of shared values and best practices of a co-housing community:
- a weekly shared meal in a common room,
- a sharing of common resources to be determined (e.g. vehicles, tools, laundry facilities, bicycles, garden),
- a commitment to honour, respect and care for each other in joy and sorrow, sickness and health until/unless it is beyond the capacity of the community to do so,
- a collaborative, but not necessarily consensus, decision making process (to be determined) that maintains and sustains the life of the community according to an agreed-upon Community Charter (policies, rules),
- a commitment to a ‘conflict resolution’ process (to be determined) to which members agree to engage if or when disagreements impair the ability of the community to make decisions together.